Monday, July 2, 2012

Room Oddities

The last in this series about hotel rooms and loyalty rewards is ending with a couple of oddities that I have spotted the I have not been able to fully identify the function for, or even the identity.  Here they are, for your consideration and comment:


This work of art was left on my bed, fashioned out of two towels.  Based on the up-curl of what might be the trunk, I kind of assumed this was an elephant.  (Sorry - didn't take a profile picture).  If this were an elephant, however, the curled parts at the top look more like ram's horns, so maybe it a ram with a congenital nose defect.  What do you think?

In another hotel, I was going around the room checking the setup, and when I got in the bathroom I found a glass-enclosed walk-in shower, complete with showerhead, soap dish, and controls - just as you would expect.


Then I looked down and found this - a tub spout not 4" off the floor of the shower, complete with its own soap dish.  In a walk-in shower with the typical low-lip edge to hold the water.


Frankly, I am at a complete loss on this one.  Any ideas?

1 comment: