Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Oxymoron

The signs greeting you when you drive into Texas should be the #1 listing in Webster's for the term "oxymoron":

"Welcome to Texas. Drive friendly - the Texas way."

I went to high school down here, and learned how to drive "the Texas way" - which is defined as "I am the only person on the road, and you all are just impediments to my progress". Now, I have truly fought this indoctrination since then and usually do OK. However, once infected, there's little one can do.......

Did I mention that gun racks in pickups, completely with registered and loaded shotguns, are legal? Just in case there's a wayward deer in the road..........

Don't get me wrong, I drive friendly. I plan to get home in one piece and driving my vehicle - not in a body bag.....

1 comment: